I have served our community working for the Clerk of Court Office for the last 20 years. I understand the important role the Clerk's Office serves in its many duties and responsibilities.
- To excellence in customer service
- To professionalism in accounting practices, case management and records custodianship
- To training employees and providing a collegial work environment
- I promise to continue to serve with honesty, integrity and accountability
- I am the minister of the Sopchoppy church of Christ since 1997
Experience across all departments
- I have 20 years of experience at the Clerk's Office
- I have served as Court Clerk auditing child support and guardianship cases, attending court, maintaining case files and assisting with jury check in
- I have served as Assistant Finance Director and Finance Director and have worked in accounts payable, payroll, revenue collections, bank reconciliations, grant management, asset management, cash and treasury management, debt management, insurance and risk management, internal controls, auditing, policy writing, preparation of financial statements and supervisor of 7 employees
- I have served as Chief Deputy Clerk supervising six department heads: Finance, Courts, Official Records, Information Technology, Maintenance, and Administration.
- To serving our community in volunteer roles in a number of organizations
- To sound fiscal, accounting and auditing practices
- To effective and efficient processes and procedures
- I will maintain the checks and balances the Clerk's Office is intended to provide in County finances, in carrying out the duties of court clerk and county recorder
- The Clerk's Office strives to serve all parties equally, fairly and without partiality
- I believe strongly in providing the public with information and public records in an open and transparent fashion in accordance with the Sunshine Laws.
- The Clerk's Office strives to provide elected and governing officials with timely and pertinent information